- Back to
Basics by Lorraine Heath
- A great article on how to reduce redundant, unnecessary, and weak
- The Craft of
Writing by Macedon
- Wonderful descriptions on every writing rule
Tell Me . . . Show Me by Vivian Teresa Beck
- A great article that helps writers learn how to make their writing more
can I learn to recognize mistakes?
- Ignore the links for gay men--I still think this article is a great source
to write marginally readable fan fiction by Ms. Nitpicker
- This page is a little hard to read, but it's still a great source.
- Please Get Your
Characters Out of My Way! by Kate Gerard
- Why you shouldn't and how to limit "filtering" through the POV
Guidance on Comma Use by the Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Tips on what to look for when deciding if a comma is needed
- Sex in the Romance: A
Review of Romantic Encounters of the Close Kind by John L. Ferri
- This site has an extensive information about how to write intimate
scenes--no matter how explicit you wish to be.
- What's the Point of
Point of View by Crysothemis
- Justification for single POV and tips on maintaining it
- Writers Tips
-- Cheat Sheets
- Cheat Sheets are lists of ideas that help put the story in focus, and
offer ideas to create or further a story. They are not writing rules, merely
suggestions. This collection is huge!
- All About Romance
- Romance Author-Penned Articles on a wide variety of subjects
- Articles for
Novelists and Nonfiction Writers
- Another extensive collection of links.
- Fiction Factor: The
online Magazine for Fiction Writers
- This links you to the article section. There are dozens of really good
- Another huge collection of articles by writers for writers.
- Patricia Kay Writing
- I've never read any of her books, but I found these articles very helpful.
- The Plural of
- Although this is primarily a site on writing Buffy the Vampire Slayer
fiction, you'll find essays on how to write action scenes, plotting,
characters, and more.
Hamper's Writer's Resources Page
- A collection of articles by Rich Hamper. They are worth the time it takes
- Writing Tips
- A collection of articles.
- Elements of Phyle
- Clarifies commonly confused words, amusing X-Files examples
- The Guide to Grammar and
- This site is sponsored by the Capital Community College Foundation and is
the definitive guide to grammar with articles on every thing you'll ever
Mother Grammatica's Guide to Good Writing
- Summary of multiple points for writing readable fan fiction
- A Beginner's Guide to
- Beta Readers
Pages -- Articles on Fanfiction
- Dr. Merlin's Guide to
Fan-Fiction by Tina Morgan
Dillon's Articles on Writing
- This site by Charlotte Dillon contains an extensive collection of writing
links. Not all the links work, but it's still worth checking out.
Dillon's Building Fictional Characters
- Another site by Charlotte Dillion.